- 2 ¼ cups / 286 g bread flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons / 31 g granulated sugar (plus some for coating the fried donuts)
- ½ tablespoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ½ tbsp / 35 g unsalted butter
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup / 120 ml milk (dairy-free milk also works)
- ½ tbsp active dry yeast
- frying oil
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 1 cup / 150 g frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup / 80 ml maple syrup
- 8 oz / 227 g cream cheese
- Add bread flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg, butter, egg, milk and yeast to the bread maker and place it on the dough programmer.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and roll it out to a thickness of approx. 1.3 cm.
- Cut out circles with a diameter of 8 cm and place them on baking paper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oil to 180°C and fry each donut for about a minute on each side.
- Place them on a rack to drain excess oil. After they have cooled for a few minutes, sprinkle the donuts with granulated sugar.
BLUE CHEESE TOPPING
In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries and maple syrup over medium heat. As soon as the berries release their juice, reduce the heat to low and let the whole thing cook for about 10-15 minutes.You want to reduce the water content so that the filling doesn’t become watery.
Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool. Once cooled, add to blender and blend until smooth. Whisk the cream cheese in a bowl, add the blueberry mixture and mix well.
Using a knife or chopstick, make a hole in each donut.
Place the cheese and berry filling in a piping bag with a perforated nozzle. Insert the end of the tube into the holes and fill the donut with the desired filling amount.
for more recipes click here