PRALINE CHRISTMAS BARK
- 30-40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) undissolved butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 oven jars at 350°F Lightly grease a 12×17 -inch jelly roll pan with butter or nonstick spray.
- graham crackers or crackers evenly in a greased Jell-O mold.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and brown sugar and cook, stirring often, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, add the vanilla extract and salt and stir until well combined.
- Pour caramel mixture in an even layer over graham crackers or savory snacks, smoothing as needed.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the caramel layer, then place the pan in the oven and cook for 7 to 9 minutes or until the caramel-toffee mixture begins to foam.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the hot caramel with chocolate chips and let it melt for 2 minutes, then spread evenly.
- Allow to cool, then cut or chop.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer.
for more recipes click here