Pineapple Cake is a quick and easy way to make a cake when you want a simple dessert without the mess. It’s the perfect sweet summer snack to feed your friends and family.
▢ 1 ½ cup melted salted butter (divided into ½ cup and 1 cup)
▢ ½ cup tightly packed light brown sugar
▢ ⅓ cup chopped pecans
▢ 10 oz maraschino cherries, drained, stemmed and halved
▢ 40 oz. (2 20-ounce cans of chopped pineapple, drained very well
▢ 15.25-ounce can of Yellow Cake Mix
▢ Optional vanilla ice cream for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350*. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray. put it aside
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of melted butter over the brown sugar layer.Stir the brown sugar mixture with a spoon and spread it evenly over the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and cherry halves evenly over the brown sugar layer.
5. Spread the chopped and drained pineapple on a layer of pecans and cherries.
6. Sprinkle the dry pasta mixture over the pineapple layer.
7. Drizzle the remaining 1 cup melted butter over the dry cake mix.
8. Smooth the layer of melted butter with a spoon. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake rest for 5 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream.