One of my favorite meals as a child was cold vanilla pudding on a hot summer day. There’s something amazing about the combination of sweet, tangy citrus and a creamy vanilla core in this ice cream. Good news: We have the same delicious combination for you, but in fudge form! It’s not as good anymore, but it’s still incredibly creamy and can now be cut. (And you only need four ingredients and a microwave to make it.)
These four ingredients are a can of vanilla frosting, white chocolate chips, orange food coloring and orange extract. You see, you’re actually just making a batch of fudge, then changing the flavor and color of the batch before mixing it all back up.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup cream
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 10 drops orange food coloring (or more if you prefer a darker shade)
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and cream. Heat to softball setting, about 235 degrees F, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the marshmallow creme and white flakes. Mix until the white pieces are well mixed and dissolved.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture and set aside in another bowl.
- Add orange extract and food coloring to the mixture remaining in the pot. Mix well and pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Then pour or drizzle over the white mixture that was set aside for the orange fondant. Stir it back and forth into the fondant with a knife.
- Refrigerate until hard, about 2 hours. Then cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
For more recipes Click here!