THIS honey garlic butter salmon in foil recipe is an easy dinner to throw together on your busy weeknights or weekends!
A delicious 4-ingredient honey garlic butter sauce is baked with a whole side of salmon, wrapped in foil, baked and broiled (or grilled) for that extra golden, crispy, caramelised and flakey finish! The BEST Salmon In Foil IS RIGHT HERE! So simple with minimal mess to clean up!
Honey Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil in under 20 minutes, then broiled (or grilled) for that extra golden, crispy and caramelised finish! So simple and only 4 main ingredients, with minimal clean up!
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Total Time: 25mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1.2 kg | 2 1/2 pound side of salmon
- Sea salt , to taste
- Cracked pepper , to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C.
- Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat.
- Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet.
- Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon.
- Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness).
- Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelise the top.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 753mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.4mg