Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 20 croquettes
- 1 can (11 ounces) creamed corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) creamed corn, whole kernels, drained
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine the pureed corn and drained corn. whole corn. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Place tablespoons of the corn mixture on a baking sheet and freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large, deep skillet to 350°F (175°C) or fill a deep fryer with oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.Dip the frozen corn nuggets in the batter and quickly fry them in hot oil until golden brown. Place on absorbent paper to drain.
for more recipes click here