Classic Strawberry Pie with Fresh Strawberries is a delightful dessert that perfectly captures the sweetness and juiciness of ripe strawberries. This recipe brings together the vibrant flavors of fresh strawberries, a flaky pie crust, and a luscious filling. It is a beloved dessert, particularly during the summer months when strawberries are at the peak of their season. Although the exact origin of this pie is uncertain, it has become a classic American dessert, loved for its simplicity and
burst of strawberry goodness.
This recipe is best enjoyed as a standalone dessert.However, you can enhance the experience by serving it with a dollop of fresh cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The richness of the cream or the freshness of the ice cream go perfectly with the sweet and salty taste of the cake. Additionally, serving the cake with a sprig of fresh mint leaves adds a refreshing touch.
- 1 pre-baked pie crust, 9 inches in diameter
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- A pinch of lemon juice
- ~ 1.1 pounds (500 grams) or plus chopped fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven according to the instructions on the cake package.
2. Place the store-bought cake base into the cake tin and gently press it into the tin. If necessary, fold the edges decoratively.Cook according to package instructions.
3. For the filling: Combine 1 cup strawberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and mash the strawberries until they thicken like jam. When the mixture becomes gelatinous and the strawberries become mushy, pour them over the strawberry slices of the finished cake.
4. Cool the dough to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, until firm enough to cut but still moist.
for more recipes click here