This recipe is surprisingly quick and easy and uses very simple ingredients other than the buttermilk that you probably already have on hand.
This easy homemade recipe is to die for! Butter makes cookies soft and chewy on the inside while leaving a flaky crust on the outside. Add some jam or jelly and you have heaven.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Next, add the buttermilk and mix all of the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and then pour it into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish (make sure that your pan is not too small or shallow so that the butter doesn’t drip out of the pan while it’s baking).
- Place the dough right on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to spread it evenly across the pan until it touches the sides.
- Cut the raw dough (which must then be dipped in butter) into 9 equal squares.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- We invite you for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These cookies are the perfect addition to any meal. I like to eat them with raspberry jam.
For more recipes click here!