We’re used to making delicious dinners for the whole family with our trusty oven-safe cookware. However, sometimes we have the rare opportunity to push the boundaries of our favorite cuisine and see how far it can delight our taste buds. This Apple Spice Upside Down Cake recipe offers the best and easiest baking and the best part is that it can be made right in a baking pan.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Granny Smith apples, quartered and sliced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 small pinch (1/8 teaspoon) Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11-by-7-inch baking dish. Place the pecans in the bottom of a baking dish and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook the nut and brown sugar mixture in the oven for 10 minutes.
2. While the pecans are toasting, in a medium bowl, quickly whisk together the eggs, butter, granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Peel the apples, cut into slices and set aside (drip with lemon juice to prevent the apple quarters from turning black).
3. Remove the pecans from the oven and place the sliced apples on top. Try to form an even layer.Sprinkle the apples with the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and pour the batter over them.
4. Bake for 35 minutes or until the cake feels springy.
5. Carefully turn the cake out onto a plate.Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
For more recipes click here!