To make delicious one-pot Hawaiian chicken, you’ll need a few ingredients and a slow cooker. Here is a simple and delicious recipe for you:
- 2 pounds (about 900 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (canned or fresh)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup , diced carrot
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated or ground
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional, for thickening)
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, minced garlic and grated ginger. This will be your sauce.
- Add the diced chicken, diced peppers, diced onions, diced carrots and pineapple pieces to the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the pot. Mix everything together so that the sauce covers all the ingredients.
- Place the pan on low heat for about 4-5 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours. The cooking time may vary depending on the pot. Therefore, check whether the chicken is cooked.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can make a paste by mixing cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir the mash in the pan during the last 30 minutes of cooking to help the sauce thicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked and tender and the vegetables are tender, the Hawaiian chicken is ready to serve.
- Serve Hawaiian chicken over cooked white rice and garnish, if desired, with sesame seeds and sliced scallions for added flavor and presentation.
- Enjoy a flavorful, tropical Hawaiian slow cooker chicken dish! It’s perfect for a flavorful, effortless meal.
For more recipes click here!