Why plain popcorn with butter when you can also have popcorn with the sweet caramel crunch of pralines? It is obvious. If you’ve had Southern Pecan Praline, you know how delicious this combination is, and when you add popcorn to the mix… well, it’s almost too much poppy seeds to handle. The mixture is easy to prepare but also irresistible, perfect for parties and relaxed movie nights on the sofa.
When we sit down at home to watch a movie, we eat popcorn out of the air with just butter and a pinch of salt, but when I come out of the kitchen with a bowl, I literally hear cheers.I’m not going to lie: it takes a little longer than a regular bowl of popcorn, but it definitely doesn’t take that long. (And it’s worth it.)
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and pecans.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Once boiling, remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over the popcorn and pecans and mix.
- Pour the mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet and spread evenly. Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Place immediately on foil or baking paper to cool.
- Once cooled, divide and serve.
For more recipes click here