- 1.5 pounds small cooked potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus some for frying tortillas
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 medium poblano peppers, charred and peeled
- A pinch of salt
- 8 ounces chopped fresh Mexican queso or alternatives such as goat cheese or feta
- 16 hepazine leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 8-12 corn tortillas, lightly fried in olive oil
- Place the potatoes in the salted water, making sure they are completely
- submerged. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- After cooking, allow to cool under running water. Once cooled, peel and cut into pieces.
- Put the oil in a sturdy pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and diced potatoes. Fry until golden brown, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. It should take 10 to 15 minutes.
- While frying the potato mixture, remove the charred poblanos and chop them coarsely.
- Mix the chopped poblanos with the fried potato mixture.If you have hepazine, add it now and season the mixture with salt.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese.
- In a separate pan, fry the corn tortillas in olive oil over medium heat.
- After cooking, fill with the potato mixture, assemble and serve with the sauce of your choice.
For more recipes click here!