Easy Philly Cheese Steak Burgers are amazing homemade gourmet burgers topped like a bun with steak, provolone, peppers and onions!
Philly cheesesteak fans and cheeseburger lovers will unite over this amazingly juicy, meaty and cheesy burger recipe! It’s truly the best of both worlds in a delicious, all-American dinner!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ribeye steak, sliced as thinly as possible
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 pound ground beef, 85/15
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce, optional
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a bowl, mix the green peppers and onions with the rapeseed oil.
- On a large grill or cast iron skillet, fry the vegetables over high heat until slightly crispy but also browned.
- Remove the vegetables and add the thinly sliced ribeye steak until golden brown on both sides.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce with the ground beef, being careful not to add too much.
- Form four meatballs from the minced meat, press them into the middle of the cutlet with your thumb to create a depression (this will prevent the meatball from deforming).
- Season the ribs with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the beef ribs over high heat for 3 minutes per side.
- After flipping the hamburger, add the provolone cheese on top and cook for the remaining 3 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs and reduce the heat to low.
- Press the sandwiches lightly into the pan and brown for a few minutes.
- To combine, add mayonnaise to the bread halves, lettuce, beef pate (cheese side up), some chops and vegetables.
For more recipes click here!