A moist chocolate cake stuffed with strawberries and condensed milk can offer several health and nutritional benefits, but it’s essential to remember that it is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Let’s explore some of the potential benefits:
1. **Antioxidants from Strawberries:** Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly vitamin C and various phytonutrients like anthocyanins and quercetin. These antioxidants help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reducing oxidative stress and supporting overall health.
2. **Fiber from Strawberries:** Strawberries are a good source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, promotes gut health, and may help regulate blood sugar levels.
3. **Calcium and Protein from Condensed Milk:** Condensed milk contains calcium, which is essential for bone health and muscle function. It also provides protein, which is vital for tissue repair and growth.
4. **Mood-Boosting Properties:** Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, contains compounds like phenylethylamine and serotonin that may improve mood and promote feelings of well-being.
5. **Indulgence and Happiness:** Enjoying a delicious dessert like this moist chocolate cake can boost happiness and satisfaction, contributing to overall mental well-being.
However, it’s important to keep in mind some potential drawbacks:
1. **Calorie and Sugar Content:** Chocolate cake and condensed milk are typically high in calories and added sugars. Excessive consumption can lead to weight gain and an increased risk of chronic health issues like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
2. **Processed Ingredients:** Many commercially prepared chocolate cakes and condensed milk contain additives, preservatives, and unhealthy fats that may not be beneficial for long-term health.
3. **Allergens and Dietary Restrictions:** Chocolate cake may contain common allergens like gluten, dairy, and eggs, which can be problematic for individuals with food sensitivities or allergies.
To make this dessert healthier, you can consider some modifications:
– **Use Whole Ingredients:** Opt for whole strawberries instead of sugary fillings or glazes. Fresh fruit provides natural sweetness and more nutrients.
– **Healthier Cake Options:** Choose or bake a cake with healthier ingredients like whole-grain flour, natural sweeteners (e.g., honey or maple syrup), and unsweetened cocoa.
– **Reduce Sugar:** If you’re making the cake at home, consider reducing the amount of sugar or using healthier alternatives.
– **Portion Control:** Enjoy this dessert in moderation to avoid excessive calorie intake.
Always remember that while adding some nutritional benefits, this dessert should still be viewed as an occasional treat rather than a staple in a healthy diet. It’s essential to focus on a well-balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
Moist chocolate cake stuffed with strawberries and condensed milk
3 cups of flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon of salt
1 ½ cup of oil
1 ½ cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
2 ½ cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups of whole milk (buttermilk)
2 lemons (buttermilk)
For the filling:
100g of butter
2 cans of condensed milk
150g of powdered milk
200g of chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Grease the mold and place parchment paper in the bottom and flour.
3. For the buttermilk: mix the milk with the lemon juice and rest for 15 min.
4. In a bowl sift the flour together with the baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. We reserve
5. In another bowl, mix the eggs together with the oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
6. Add the dry ingredients in two batches and mix with enveloping movements.
7. Add the sugar and mix well until integrated.
8. Place the dough in the mold and bake for 25 minutes, until when inserting a thin knife or a high stick, it comes out clean.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and let them cool completely.
10. We chop our cake into two or three parts. As you prefer.
For the filling:
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the condensed milk and powdered milk, stir well until it forms a homogeneous mass and add the chopped strawberries.
2. Pour it into the first base of the cake and add the lid that you had previously removed. Bathe the cake with melted milk chocolate and decorate to taste !