Lemon Velvet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- – 1 ¾ cups cake flour
- – 1 teaspoon baking powder
- – ½ teaspoon baking powder
- – ½ teaspoon salt
- – ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- – 1 cup sugar
- – 2 large eggs, room temperature
- – 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- – ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- – ½ cup buttermilk
- – 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- – ½ teaspoon lemon extract Vanilla
- – 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- – 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- – 3 cups powdered sugar
- – 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- – 1 teaspoon lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.Put aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and egg whites one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Mix lemon juice, buttermilk, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
7.Pour the dough evenly into the prepared molds.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Once the cookies are done, let them cool on the sheets for 10 minutes, then remove them from the sheets and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
How to prepare the icing:
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
3.Beat until smooth and well blended.
4. When the icing is ready, cover the cooled cake layers with the icing and enjoy the delicious Velvet Velvet Cake with Lemon Curd and Cream Cheese.
This Lemon Velvet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for anyone who loves light, refreshing desserts. It’s not too sweet, just the perfect amount of tangy lemon flavor combined with the smooth cream cheese frosting. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to impress anyone who gets the chance to try it. Try it and share it with your loved ones – I promise you, they’ll be begging for seconds!
for more recipes click here