Christmas Sugar Cookie with Buttercream Frosting
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the buttercream frosting:
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups softened flour butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- food coloring of your choice (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
3.In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and butter until smooth. Gradually add the egg and vanilla and then fold into the flour mixture.
4. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Use a Christmas tree cookie cutter to create the desired Christmas tree shape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
6. Prepare the icing: First, mix the butter and extracts until well combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar to the mixture, adding it a little at a time and stirring after each addition.Continue beating until you reach your desired frosting consistency. If you accidentally add too much sugar and the frosting becomes too thick, you can remedy this by adding a small amount of milk. If you wish to add color to the frosting, you can do so by blending in food coloring.
7. Apply the buttercream frosting to your cookies using either a spatula or a piping bag.If you don’t have a piping bag, you can make an improvised piping bag by cutting off a small corner of the Ziploc piping bag.
Enjoy the delicious taste and beautiful presentation of these Christmas sugar cookies with buttercream frosting. It’s the perfect gift that will add a little magic to your Christmas celebrations.
for more recipes click here