How to prepare creamy potato soup. Cook the bacon: Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven or large pot. Put aside. Cook the onion: Fry the onion in the bacon fat according to the following recipe. Potatoes over low heat: Add liquid and stir until smooth. Add the potatoes and simmer until tender.Blend or puree: Mash potatoes in a pot until a soup is formed
How to make a creamy potato soup:
- Cook bacon: Fry bacon in a Dutch oven or large pot. Put aside.
- Cook the onion: Fry the onion in bacon oil according to the following recipe.
- Let the potatoes cook over low heat: add the liquid and stir until smooth. Add the potatoes and simmer until tender.
- Puree or smoothie: Mash the potatoes in a pot until you get a creamy soup (or leave a few pieces intact). If you want a smoother soup, you can puree it with an immersion blender.
- Season: Mix together cheese, sour cream, chives and cheese. Pieces of bacon.
Expert Tips for Potato Soup:
- Red or Yukon Gold potatoes give this soup the best consistency.
- To thicken the soup further, make a paste by mixing cold water and cornstarch in a bowl in a 1:1 ratio. Mix well and slowly add to the boiling pot with the soup, stirring constantly, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Soups that contain dairy products do not freeze well as they can change their consistency. If freezing this soup, freeze it before adding more cream.Heat slowly over medium heat to prevent the milk from curdling.
- Leftoversoup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- ▢6 slices bacon, chopped
- ▢½ white onion, diced
- ▢4 garlic cloves, minced
- ▢¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ▢2 cups chicken stock or stock
- ▢2 cups whole milk
- ▢ 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- ▢1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ▢½ cup sour cream
- ▢¼ cup chopped chives
- ▢Kosher salt to taste
- ▢Black pepper flavor
- Fry the bacon in a saucepan over medium heat until crispy and golden brown. Place the bacon on a plate covered with paper towels. Leave the bacon fat in the pot.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute until fragrant.
- Dust with flour and mix. The mixture will be thick.
- Slowly add chicken broth and milk until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the potatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the potatoes gently, stirring occasionally, until tender.Be careful not to let the mixture boil or the milk could burn.
- Once the potatoes are soft, gently mash some of the potatoes with the potato masher until they have a creamy consistency.
- Add crumbled cheese, cream, chives and crispy bacon. Taste and season with your chosen amount of kosher salt and pepper.
for more recipes click here