Meet my beloved Chicken Parmesan Casserole, a beloved Midwestern tradition that my family associates with warmth and love. This comforting dish is made with familiar ingredients and symbolizes the care and sense of community I strive to bring to every meal. As the scent fills our home, anticipation grows and we gather around the table to enjoy the wonderful aromas that bring us joy and nourishment.
With every bite of gooey melted cheese, flavorful marinara sauce and tender chicken, we experience a moment of pure happiness and connection. This casserole represents the heart of Midwest family values and reminds us of the precious moments we share and the comfort of a home-cooked meal.So let’s gather together, serve a casserole, and enjoy the flavors that strengthen the bonds we hold dear.
- 4 chicken breasts, opened flat
- 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 2.5 cups marinara sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Take an 8×8 baking dish (or similar) and spread the marinara sauce evenly over the bottom.
3.Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Arrange the seasoned chicken breasts in the baking dish.
4. In another bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs, freshly grated Parmesan, parsley and dried oregano. Mix well.
5. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
6. Spread the mozzarella and chopped basil evenly over the sauce.
7.Place the dish in the preheated oven and let it cook for about an hour, until the chicken is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
8. Once cooked, remove from oven and serve.
For more recipes click here!