This cheesy cauliflower casserole is a delicious and comforting option that will please even the pickiest of eaters. Prepared in a creamy sauce with three different cheeses, it’s easy to forget you’re eating vegetables! Cauliflower is a low-calorie, nutrient-dense vegetable, so we like to think we can afford to use such a delicious sauce. Perfectly prepared, this casserole is truly worth every calorie.
- 2 heads cauliflower, divided into florets
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee, onion powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- additionally ½ cup grated Parmesan for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Boil water in a large pot and cook the cauliflower until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower to remove as much moisture as possible, then transfer the cauliflower to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, spices and cheese. Stir in the melted butter (make sure the butter is cool before adding it).
- Pour the cheese mixture over the cauliflower and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Serve hot.
For more recipes click here!