If you’re looking for a recipe that’s easy to make and perfect for a lazy weekend morning, Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake is for you. This delicious cake is moist and tender, with a slightly tangy buttermilk flavor and sweet berry notes. It’s the perfect way to start the day and so good you can make it for breakfast, brunch, and dessert!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/ 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch round cake pan by greasing it with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3.Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla extract.
4. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three portions, alternating with the buttermilk.Start and end with dry ingredients.
6. Add the berries carefully, being careful not to mix them.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
10.Serve the cake warm or at room temperature and enjoy the taste!
For more recipes click here!