I prepared it exactly according to the recipe. It was very good: just the right amount of sweetness, the surface was crispy and soft. Inside the consistency was like a cake filling, it wasn’t runny, not too thick and dry, just right. I had to bake it at 350 for 60 minutes to get it done and brown on top. I used 4 large fresh peaches and it was perfect, I wouldn’t use more.Several reviews stated that “something was missing.”
Salt, I need salt. Add some to the dry ingredients, then add the milk and knead the dough.
1/8-1/4 teaspoon should be enough. I added a pinch and it wasn’t enough.My peaches were fresh and very tasty, they came from the orchard and not the supermarket. Store-bought (fresh), frozen, or canned peaches are not as good as fresh from the orchard and change the texture, cooking time, flavor, and sweetness.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 -6 sliced peaches
- 3/4 cups sugar
How to make it :
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour melted butter into an 8×8 pan.
- Whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Pour over melted butter.
- Cover with peach slices.
- Cover with 3/4 cup sugar (I know this will seem like a lot, but use it all.).
- Bake until batter rises to top and forms a nice brown crust, about 20 – 30 minutes.
For more recipes click here