– 2 bags butterscotch chips (~12 ounces each)
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 5 cups chow mein noodles
– 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or nut topping
1. In a slow cooker, set to low heat, combine the butterscotch chips, nut topping and creamy peanut butter.
2. Allow them to melt together, stirring occasionally (every 15-25 mins) until smooth. Be careful to not burn.
3. Gradually add the crunchy chow mein noodles, stirring gently to coat them evenly with the butterscotch mixture. Ensure the noodles are well incorporated.
4. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment paper or a baking sheet. Shape them into haystacks using the back of the spoon or your hands.
5. Allow the haystacks to cool and set at room temperature, or you can place them in the refrigerator for faster setting.
6. Once the haystacks are fully set, store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator, depending on your preference.