SALTED CARAMEL PRETZEL SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- 6-7 large sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1 / 4 teaspoons allspice
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup pretzels (chopped, optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt to taste
HOW TO USE:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter or nonstick spray. Once the baked potatoes are cool enough to fry, remove the peel and place them in a large bowl.
- Add milk, brown sugar and butter, mix with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger (if using) and allspice. Mix until potatoes are smooth and everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pretzels (chopped) and pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes. Pour caramel sauce evenly over everything and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven, serve hot and enjoy!
for more recipes click here