Not all pasta dishes are created equal and these drunken noodles are special Italian pasta recipes. If you’re craving something different than the usual tomato or cream based pasta dishes, try this one. The Italian pasta drink is not too “clean”, but super juicy and very tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup red pepper
- ½ cup yellow pepper
- ½ cup orange pepper
- ¼ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1-28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces pasta with egg
- In a 4-quart pot or large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon and brown the Italian sausage. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and let it evaporate until it has almost completely evaporated.
- Add diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, simmer for 10 minutes. Return the sausage to the pan and add the chopped parsley.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and keep warm while the pasta cooks according to package directions.Drain the pasta and add it to the pot. Stir, mix and serve.
For more recipes click here!