Delicious Chicken Shish Sticks: A Flavorful and Easy Recipe
Chicken Shish Sticks “Learn how to make mouthwatering chicken shish sticks at home with our step-by-step guide. These grilled skewers are packed with flavor and perfect for any occasion.”
Chicken shish sticks, also known as chicken skewers or kebabs, are a delightful and savory dish that’s sure to please your taste buds. Whether you’re planning a weekend barbecue, a casual dinner, or a special gathering, these chicken shish sticks are a fantastic choice. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to create these delectable treats in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Ingredients for Chicken Shish Sticks :
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Fresh lemon wedges and parsley for garnish (optional)
Instructions Chicken Shish Sticks :
- Prepare the Chicken:
- Start by cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces, approximately 1-inch cubes. This ensures even cooking and easy skewering.
- Create the Marinade:
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
- Marinate the Chicken:
- Place the chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure all pieces are well coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. For even better results, marinate the chicken for a few hours or overnight.
- Assemble the Shish Sticks:
- After marinating, thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the soaked wooden skewers. Leave a little space between each piece to ensure even cooking.
- Grill the Shish Sticks:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and has beautiful grill marks. Cooking times may vary depending on your grill, so use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Remove the chicken shish sticks from the grill and let them rest for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and parsley if desired.
- Serve these delicious chicken shish sticks with your favorite side dishes, such as rice, pita bread, or a fresh salad.
Chicken shish sticks are an irresistible crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for any occasion. With this simple and flavorful recipe, you can bring the authentic taste of grilled chicken skewers right to your own table. Enjoy the rich blend of spices and the tender, juicy chicken in every bite. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or craving a weeknight dinner with a twist, these chicken shish sticks are sure to satisfy your taste buds. Give them a try, and you won’t be disappointed!
The nutritional content of chicken shish sticks can vary depending on factors such as the portion size, the ingredients used, and the cooking method. Here’s a general overview of the approximate nutritional values for a typical serving of chicken shish sticks made from boneless, skinless chicken breast, and the ingredients mentioned in the previous recipe:
Nutritional Values per Serving (Approximate):
- Calories: 200-250 calories
- Protein: 25-30 grams
- Total Fat: 8-10 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1-2 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4-5 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1-2 grams
- Cholesterol: 70-80 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 2-4 grams
- Fiber: 0-1 gram
- Sugars: 0 grams
- Sodium: 400-500 milligrams (may vary based on marinade and seasoning)
- Vitamins and Minerals:
- Vitamin B6
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary depending on factors such as the size of the chicken pieces, the amount of marinade absorbed, and the cooking method. If you’re following a specific diet or have dietary restrictions, it’s advisable to adjust the recipe or consult a nutritionist for precise nutritional information.
Additionally, the nutritional values can change if you serve the chicken shish sticks with side dishes such as rice, pita bread, or a salad. Be mindful of portion sizes and the overall composition of your meal to ensure it aligns with your dietary goals.