2 cups flour
4 tablespoons cold, cubed butter
1 cup + 1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, separated
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, dried rosemary, garlic powder, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
3. Add the cold, cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Stir in the buttermilk until just combined; do not overmix.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat it into a 1-inch thick circle.
6. Use a biscuit cutter or a sharp knife to cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Brush the tops of the biscuits with the remaining 1 tablespoon of buttermilk and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on top.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Serve the Rosemary-Cheddar Drop Biscuits warm with butter or your favorite spreads. Enjoy as a delicious addition to your breakfast or brunch, or as a savory accompaniment to your favorite soups and stews.