I can’t get over how good this is! I love prepping a big batch of chicken salad to have as a lunch throughout the week, but I’ve been wanting to switch my normal one up with a different flavor. That’s where this Thai chopped chicken salad comes in and I’m obsessed. I used an almond butter sauce to coat it in and really what’s better than your meal coated in a sauce with nut butter 😉
Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
If you’ve been here for a while, you know that I love my chicken salad on One Balanced Life. I love it because there are so many ways to switch it up like this Thai Chopped Chicken Salad! It’s also a great option to prep at the beginning of the week and have all week long. I love having options like this to pull from the fridge when I need it. It makes life a little easier during the busy weeks too!
Try this chicken salad with crackers or in a wrap! There are a lot of ways to switch it up during the week so you don’t get sick of it either 😉
Why chicken salad makes for a great prepped meal:
- There are so many different ways to eat on it throughout the week!
- It’s nutritious and filling keeping you satisfied all day!
- Chicken salad keeps well in the fridge which means you don’t have to prep something else mid week
- You can use a different recipe from One Balanced Life each week so you never get tired of it 😉
What you need for Thai Chopped Chicken Salad:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Green cabbage
- Red cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Red bell pepper
What you need for the almond butter sauce:
- Almond butter (make sure its a creamy kind!)
- Coconut aminos
- Lime zest
- Sea salt/pepper/garlic powder
Do I have to use rotisserie chicken?
No! I love using rotisserie chicken for this recipe because it makes it come together even easier. If you’d rather do shredded crockpot chicken then you can easily switch it out for this.
Can I sub coconut aminos for soy sauce?
Yes! If you don’t have coconut aminos, you can easily substitute soy sauce here. I like using coconut aminos in a lot of recipes. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can get it here.
Can I buy pre-chopped cabbage?
Yes! If you don’t want to buy a head of cabbage, you can use pre chopped cabbage to make it even easier! The best part about cabbage is that it lasts for a while in the fridge.
What I used to make this salad:
Best way to store this chicken salad:
The best way to store your chicken salad for the week is by storing in glass containers in the fridge. This will be sure to keep the freshness of the salad all week. I like using these from OXO or the ELLO containers.
If you love this salad, you may also like these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Healthy Chicken Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Want a list of lunch ideas to come back to when you’re stuck on what to make? Check out this blog post with over 10 ideas of easy lunches to make during the busy week!
- 2 cups shredded crockpot chicken (rotisserie chicken will work)
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup drippy almond butter (I use the Trader Joes Creamy Almond Butter)
- 4 tbsp water (may need to add more for desired consistency)
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Make your almond butter sauce by combining almond butter (make sure its a creamy kind), water, coconut aminos, 1/2 lime & sea salt/pepper.
- You can adjust creaminess by adding more water. Set aside
- Combine salad ingredients: shredded chicken, shredded cabbage, carrots, chopped up red bell pepper, cilantro, green onion and garlic powder.
- Add remaining half of lime.
- Mix almond butter sauce with salad. Once coated, you can top it off with pumpkin seeds or cashews for a little crunch! Serve however you like.
until next time…