Who doesn’t love a good sugar cookie!? And then one that’s wrapped up into a bite sized snack or treat like these Sugar Cookie Bites–even better. These are so simple to make, made in one bowl and the perfect treat to make during the holidays!
You know it’s the holidays when you want to find every excuse for using sprinkles in your recipes. I’ve been wanting to create a Sugar Cookie Bite for a while and now was finally the time! If you haven’t checked out the many varieties of bites already on One Balanced Life, definitely check it out! Some of my favorites are the Healthy Snack Bites (part of weekly meal prep!) and the Birthday Cake Protein Bites.
This recipe is made all in one bowl with simple ingredients making it the perfect, easy treat to make! This time of year, I love having treats around that not only taste good but make me feel good too. These treats are made with ingredients you know and ones that you may already have around!
What you need for Sugar Cookie Bites:
- Oat flour: It’s so easy to make your own oat flour! I just blended up rolled oats to create the flour that I used for these bites.
- Almond flour: This flour is a pantry stable! I use it in a lot of recipes and it’s a great gluten-free option.
- Maple Syrup: a little sweetness in these goes a long way!
- Cashew Butter: I think cashew butter is a great choice for the sugar cookie flavor but if you want to use another nut butter, you can substitute. I just recommend it being a creamy nut butter!
- Cinnamon: I love adding cinnamon in these bites and it’s a spice that’s used a lot around here.
- Almond Extract: Using almond extract here will give it the sugar cookie flavor we all know and love!
- Vanilla Extract: I love adding in vanilla in here too for additional flavors.
- Sprinkles: You can’t ever have enough of these and I love the festive sprinkles this time of year.
- Sea salt: Just a dash of sea salt goes a long way!
How to store these bites:
I keep these bites in a sealed container in the fridge. You can keep this for the week or move them into the freezer to keep them longer! I love to use these Porter Bowls or these containers for easy storage.
Can I substitute cashew butter?
I love using cashew butter in this recipe because it helps give it the sugar cookie flavor! If you don’t like cashew butter or want to use something else, you can. I just recommend it being a creamy nut butter!
What if I don’t have oat flour?
Oat flour is so simple to make! If you have rolled oats, you can blend those up and create the consistency of flour that you need for this recipe. This is what I do every time when making these!
How to make Sugar Cookie Bites:
- Start by blending rolled oats to make oat flour if needed.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes or so.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out sugar cookie mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll ball in sprinkles to completely cover. Option to dip in melted white chocolate or drizzle on top of these too!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sprinkles (more for outside coating)
- dash of sea salt
In bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix together.
Place sugar cookie mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Using a cookie scoop, roll into bites. Roll bite into sprinkles to completely coat.
until next time…