It’s pumpkin season!! Are you ready for it? One of my favorite things to make using pumpkin puree are bite sized snacks. These pumpkin oat bites are so simple to make and make for the best treat or snack to grab when you want something! All you need are a couple ingredients to make these and 10ish minutes. I can guarantee that everyone will love these!
Pumpkin Oat Bites
What you need:
- Rolled Oats: it’s important to stick with rolled oats here! You’ll want to blend this in your blender in order to make more of a flour. It’s important to not leave off the blending part either!
- Pumpkin Puree: pumpkin vs. pumpkin puree are different! Make sure to pick up the puree instead.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I like using the mini chocolate chips here because they take up less room in these small bites!
- Almond Butter: you can switch almond butter for your favorite nut butter or whatever you have on hand, but you want to make sure it is a creamy, drippy nut butter in this recipe.
- Maple Syrup: this is the only sweetener I’ve used in these bites and works perfectly without being too much!
- Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Nutmeg: all the ideal spices in a pumpkin treat!
What’s the difference between pumpkin and pumpkin puree?
It’s easy to get these two confused! You definitely want to make sure you’re picking up pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin for this recipe. Both are in a can! The pumpkin puree will be just pumpkin as the main ingredient and won’t include any added ingredients. A can of pumpkin can sometimes include extra ingredients that you don’t want. I typically buy my cans of pumpkin puree at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.
Can I use a different type of oats?
The only oats that I’ve tested and used in this recipe are rolled oats. You want to use a blender to make these rolled oats into oat flour!
Can I use a different nut butter?
Yes! As long as you’re using a creamy nut butter, you can use any of your favorites! I recommend almond or peanut butter.
What I used to make these pumpkin oat bites:
- You will want to use your hands to make sure everything mixes up!
- The batter will be thick and firm-if you can’t easily form it into balls, try adding more nut butter or maple syrup
- Be sure to let the batter sit in the fridge before rolling into balls
How to make:
- Start by blending the rolled oats in a high speed blender.
- In large bowl, combine blended oats (oat flour), pumpkin puree, almond butter and maple syrup. Mix together to combine.
- Add seasonings and mini chocolate chips to mix together.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll into balls. Melt chocolate with coconut oil and dip half the bite into chocolate. You can also fully coat or drizzle here if you’d like!
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
If you like these, you may also enjoy these bites on One Balanced Life:
Want more pumpkin treats? Try these!
Pumpkin Oat Bites
Delicious, simple pumpkin treat!
- 2 cups oat flour (using rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips + 1 tbsp melted coconut oil for chocolate dipping
- flaky sea salt for topping
- Prepare oat flour by blending rolled outs.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients: oat flour, pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup, spices, mini chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Roll into balls using cookie scoop. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil. Dip pumpkin oat bite into chocolate and then sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Option to completely cover in chocolate too!
- Store in fridge or freezer.
until next time…