I think I’ve found your new favorite appetizer! These Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are so simple to make and are the most delicious bite! This is a lightened up version of pimento cheese that won’t even have you missing the regular version. If you want a snack to add to your Gameday spread, try these!
Who doesn’t love a good appetizer? With Gameday season upon us and Super Bowl around the corner, these Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms need to be added to your list! Pimento Cheese can usually be made with a lot of funky ingredients, but this version is “lightened” up and made with ingredients that you know. If you haven’t already tried my Spinach and Artichoke Mushrooms, those are another great addition to any appetizer menu and similar to these!
While I love football season, I’m generally sticking around for mostly snacks. There are so many delicious snack options and so many that you can find here on One Balanced Life! If you haven’t already checked out my roundup, you can see a variety of options to choose from in this 17 Easy Gameday Snacks blog post. Let me know if you try any!!
What you need for Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Baby Bella Mushrooms: You can pick up a package of these to use for this recipe! I generally like to look at them and make sure they aren’t too large or small!
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese: Make sure to grab sharp cheddar as it adds all the difference!
- Plain Greek Yogurt: You can use any greek yogurt but I love to use Fage 0% for this recipe.
- Pimentos: These are vernally found in a jar and I like to dice them up for this.
- Sliced Jalapeno peppers: This adds a ton of flavor and a little kick! I’ve found the pickled version works best for these.
- Garlic powder: This seasoning is a must in here!
- Onion Powder: Also a must that is a pantry staple in my cabinet.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dash of Paprika: just a pinch!
Can I use any plain greek yogurt?
Yes! Any plain greek yogurt will work here. I like to use the Fage 0% or the Trader Joe’s plain brand!
Can I prep these ahead of time?
If you want to save some time when making this recipe, you can prep the pimento cheese mixture and store in the fridge. Then when you go to stuff the mushrooms, it only takes 10-15 minutes! I don’t recommend prepping the baked mushrooms ahead of time as they will get “soggy” and they are best consumed after making them.
What I used to make these Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these appetizers on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more easy recipes? Try these!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 12 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of paprika
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pimento cheese by mixing all ingredients together in bowl.
- Remove stems from baby bella mushroom. Spray with avocado oil spray lightly.
- Stuff pimento cheese into each mushroom.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Be sure to not over stuff the pimento cheese in the mushrooms to prevent from spilling over.
until next time…