I love making different snack bites to have for the week! They are perfect to keep in the fridge to snack on all week when you want something quick and easy. There are a bunch of different flavors of bites on One Balanced Life and these Pecan Pie Bites are a new favorite for the fall season.
Pecan Pie Bites
If you’re looking at switching up your snacks, these Pecan Pie Bites are the perfect addition to your snack lineup! Made with simple ingredients, all in the food processor and perfect to keep all week long! I love having snacks like this when I want a little something sweet during the week. This flavor is also perfect for the fall season and they make for an easy treat to take to your holiday party or gathering. I’m sure everyone will love them!
What you need for Pecan Pie Bites:
- Rolled oats: I like to add these into the bites to give it a good texture with the dates! I’ve only used rolled oats here.
- Pecans: raw pecans are what you want to use here! Make sure they aren’t already salted or roasted 🙂
- Maple syrup: a little sweetener goes a long way here!
- Pitted Medjool Dates: a cup of pitted medjool dates ends up being around 9 to 10 dates for this recipe! If you don’t have dates that are pitted, you can remove the pits before adding them in.
- Vanilla extract: this adds a great flavor and perfect addition in bite recipes.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, Sea salt: all the flavors that you will want to add in with seasonings!
- Chocolate chips: if you decided to coat these bites in chocolate, you will want to pick up chocolate chips for this recipe!
Why you’ll love these bites:
- If you want a little bite size snack or treat to have ready for the week, these are perfect for that!
- The flavors of pecan pie all in one little bite and made with simple ingredients…does it get any better?!
- You may already have a lot of the ingredients that you need to make these in your pantry!
- They last all week or you can store them in the freezer!
How long will these last?
You can keep these Pecan Pie Bites in the fridge for up to a week! After that, I recommend keeping them in the freezer if you still have any left 😉
Do I have to coat them in chocolate?
No! If you want to leave out the chocolate here, you can! I love dipping half of the bite into a little semi sweet or dark chocolate when I have it. You can also do a drizzle on top or dip the whole bite into the chocolate if you want too. Who doesn’t love a little chocolate!?
What I used to make Pecan Pie Bites:
Best way to store your bites:
I like to keep mine in a sealed container in the fridge! I also will use these reusable bags to store them in or they are perfect when I want to take some on the go with me! Here are a few that I like:
Ello Products Storage Containers
If you love these bites, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more snack recipes? Try these!
Pecan Pie Bites
Delicious bite sized snack!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- flaky sea salt
- In food processor, combine rolled oats, pitted dates and pecans. Process until everything has been blended.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Blend.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20+ minutes.
- Roll into balls using cookie scoop.
- Mix chocolate chips with melted coconut oil to melt.
- Dip pecan pie bite into chocolate. Top with flaky sea salt. Repeat until all bites have been coated with chocolate.
until next time…