I prefer to eat chocolate cake. It tastes almost like a cake-shaped peanut butter cup, and you’ll never convince me that it’s not the best candy there is. I think what makes this possible is the fact that this frosting actually tastes like peanut butter – it’s not a vague hint of peanut butter or the usual hint of peanut butter – it’s clearly just peanut butter. But it’s creamier, lighter, and sweeter, so consuming a good amount of isn’t overwhelming at all.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, powdered sugar, cream, vanilla and salt and continue mixing on low speed until well combined. Once mixed, increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add more powdered sugar or cream to make a thinner or thicker consistency. Recognize!
For more recipes click here!