Who doesn’t love a meal that comes together all in one pan right!? This One Pan Turkey and Rice Skillet will become a new favorite to add to your weekly rotation. It’s not only so simple to make, but perfect for leftovers too!
During the week, easy is key! It doesn’t get much easier than this One Pan Turkey and Rice Skillet. It’s filled with mainly pantry ingredients, balanced with Protein, Carbs and Fat, and perfect for a quick meal! I love a meal that comes together in one pan, too. Less clean up and ingredients needed! If you want to prep this, it can easily be reheated the next day for leftovers.
What you need for One Pan Turkey and Rice Skillet?
- Ground Turkey
- Yellow Onion
- Black Beans
- Beef Broth
- Brown Rice
- Green Chiles
- Chunky Mild Salsa
- Olive Oil
- Garlic cloves
- Taco Seasoning
Is this dairy free?
Yes! This one pan is dairy free, but you can easily add shredded Mexican cheese for a little cheesy topping or mixed into the turkey and rice.
Can I substitute the ground turkey?
Yes! You can easily substitute the ground turkey for ground beef or chicken in this recipe.
What kind of rice did you use?
I like to keep this even simpler and use Minute Rice or any microwaveable rice! I like to use brown rice here
What do I do with leftovers?
- If you have leftovers, I recommend storing them in a sealed container in the fridge. It’s best to reheat in the microwave when you want to eat the leftovers! I like these containers for easy storage.
- If you want to switch it up, you can also make these into stuffed peppers! Try placing the turkey and rice mixture into a bell pepper and baking it at 350 for 30 minutes or so.
Are you looking for new cookware?
I LOVE my Caraway Cookware and use it in a lot of the recipes I share on One Balanced Life. This non-stick cookware is perfect when cooking your healthy meals during the week. If you’re on the lookout for new cookware and interested in Caraway, you can check out it out here for 10% off your order!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Try these!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- optional: mix in shredded Mexican cheese, cilantro, red pepper flakes
- In pan, add olive oil, garlic and onion to saute.
- Add ground turkey to brown.
- Cook rice accordingly.
- In pan, add beef broth, beans, green chiles, corn and salsa. Mix throughly.
- Add seasoning and cooked brown rice to mix.
- Top with fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes and shredded cheese if you’d like!
If you want o switch this up, try this mixture into a stuffed bell pepper!
until next time…