It doesn’t get much better than a meal that comes together all on one pan right? That’s one reason why I love this One Pan Cajun Salmon so much. Not only is this so simple to make but the flavors are delicious! It’s the perfect mix of savory with a little bit of sweet.
I love keeping my meals simple during the week and it’s important to me that the meals are balanced and delicious as well. This One Pan Cajun Salmon is definitely that. Not only is it so easy to make, but you’ll feel good eating it! I like to switch it up by pairing it with a grain like rice medley or farro. If you’re looking for a new dinner to add to your weekly routine, this is it! Depending on how many you are serving, you can prep extra to have for leftovers the next day too.
What you need for One Pan Cajun Salmon:
- 2 Salmon Portions: I like to buy the pre-portioned salmon to use for this one pan meal. I usually pick mine up at Whole Foods.
- Cajun Seasoning: This makes for a delicious addition to salmon! I like to use this seasoning.
- Brown Sugar: The combination of cajun seasoning with brown sugar is a perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- Sea salt & Pepper: I always add a little sea salt and pepper to the salmon before adding any other seasoning or marinade.
- Garlic Powder: Mixed into the brown sugar and cajun seasoning!
- Broccolini: I love broccolini with salmon and it’s perfect to bake in a one pan meal. I recommend blanching it before cooking.
- Lemon: Add this to the salmon before adding the seasonings!
- Avocado Oil Spray: I use this for everything!
Can I use a different vegetable?
Yes! You can use a different vegetable to replace the broccolini in this one pan meal. I would suggest using broccoli or cauliflower to replace it.
Why you’ll love this one pan meal:
- It’s so easy! It really doesn’t get any better than adding everything to one pan to bake.
- The cajun seasoning is a delicious addition to salmon.
- You can switch it up by adding rice or another grain to the meal too, making it a balanced dinner during the week.
- You’ll feel good eating this!
Do you have to blanch the broccolini first?
I recommend blanching the broccolini for a minute or two before placing on the baking sheet. This will help soften it as broccolini can be a tough vegetable.
What I used to make this recipe:
If you love a one pan meal, try these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Try these!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 2 pieces salmon
- 6 pieces broccolini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup rice medley (or rice of choice)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blanch broccolini for 1-2 minutes before placing on the baking sheet.
- Using a paper towel, wipe off an extra liquid on salmon.
- Place salmon and broccolini on baking sheet.
- Juice 1/2 lemon on pieces of salmon to completely cover.
- Mix together seasonings: garlic powder, brown sugar, cajun seasoning, sea salt and pepper. Mix and top on salmon to completely cover.
- Spray avocado oil spray on broccolini. Season with a little sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook rice accordingly. Set aside.
- Bake sheetpan for 20 minutes.
- Combine rice, broccolini and salmon in bowl.
until next time…