I love meals that include the mediterranean flavors and these Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowls come together easily for meal prep and made with simple ingredients. Prep these for a healthy lunch to have during the week. Paired with homemade tzatziki and pita for a balanced meal.
If you’re following along on Instagram, I’ve been sharing two meal prep recipe ideas a week! I want these recipes to inspire you to get meal prepping to save time while also fuel yourselves with healthy, balanced meals all week long. These Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowls were perfect meal prep and are great to take on the go! You can prep all of these bowls ahead of time to store in the fridge or prepare the ingredients separately and then assemble them at meal time!
These bowls are loaded with fresh veggies, are balanced with protein, fat and carbs and make for a delicious meal to prep!
What you need for Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowls:
- Chicken Tenders
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Kalamata olives
- Pita Bread
What you need for homemade tzatziki:
- Plain greek yogurt
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Garlic Clove
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
How to make quinoa bowls:
- Start by marinating the chicken. You want to leave it in the marinade for 4+ hrs or overnight.
- Prepare tzatziki by combining the ingredients. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Cook chicken on grill pan or cast iron skillet.
- Prepare bowls by adding quinoa, arugula, chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and kalamata olives. Add grilled chicken.
- Top with tzatziki and serve with fresh pita.
How to store your quinoa bowls:
It’s best to store your ingredients in sealed containers in the fridge. I like using these! If you want to prep them in meal prep containers, I use these. I use these containers to store the salad dressing in the containers!
If you want to switch up these bowls, try doing this:
- Use brown rice instead of quinoa! Or any grain that you like.
- Try a different protein like shrimp, tofu or veggie burgers!
- Use pickled onions that you’ve prepped for the week!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Can I prep these in containers at the beginning of the week?
Yes! These can easily be assembled in your containers at the beginning of the week so you can grab and go with them. I would plan to eat these cold because the veggies won’t be good to reheat!
Can I use a different protein?
Yes! If you don’t want to use chicken, you can prep another protein like tofu or shrimp to go with this meal.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 pita, cut into pieces
- for the chicken marinade:
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- for the tzatziki:
- 1/3 cup cucumber, thinly diced
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Prepare the chicken marinade by adding all the ingredients into a bowl or bag and mix with the chicken. Place in the fridge for 4+ hrs or overnight.
- Prepare tzatziki by combining all ingredients into a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package. I like to use veggie broth for more flavor when cooking it.
- Chop up all ingredients: cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and olives.
- Cook chicken on a cast iron skillet or grill pan until fully cooked through.
- In a bowl, add quinoa, chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives and chicken. Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve with tzatziki and fresh pita bread.
until next time…