Let’s all agree that the best part about football are the snacks?! I love having a spread of delicious snacks while “watching” the games 😉 Anyways, no matter if you’re watching or not, these Loaded Mini Potato Bites make for the best addition to your snacking game.
Loaded Mini Potato Bites
It’s the time of year for all the football game snacks right!? To be honest, I’m mostly there for the snacks. I love having a spread of easy, delicious snacks to munch on during the weekend football games. The best part about these Loaded Mini Potato Bites is how simple they are to make! If you want something that doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare and that everyone will love (husband or boyfriend approved), then these are it! You can also easily switch up the toppings with whatever you have on hand or want to load them up with. I recommend doing a little plain greek yogurt to dip them in as a lighter substitute for sour cream!
What you need for Loaded Mini Potato Bites:
- Russet Potatoes: these are the best potatoes to use for these potato bites! Plus, they last forever so grab a couple next time you’re at the store!
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese: I like to use sharp cheddar cheese the most with these bites, but you can switch this up!
- Bacon: crumbled bacon on top of these makes it that much better.
- Green Onion: a little fresh green onion goes a long way and is a perfect addition to these potato bites.
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder: the simple combo of these 3 seasonings is all you need for these bites. Make sure you coat the potato on both sides for optimal flavor.
- Avocado oil spray: I use this on everything that I bake! Grab some at Whole Foods or Trader Joes!
Can I use a sweet potato instead?
Yes! If you want to use a sweet potato instead of a russet potato in this recipe, you can definitely do that! I love using the russet potato because it makes it as similar to a potato skin!
Would another cheese work for these bites?
Yes, if you want to use a different cheese like shredded mozzarella or pepperjack, you can! I like to use the shredded sharp cheddar cheese for these.
How to make Loaded Mini Potato Bites:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut russet potato in slices. Not too thick or thin works best for these!
- Spray with avocado oil spray, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Place back in the oven to bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melty.
- Top with green onion.
What I used to make these potato bites:
How to serve your potato bites:
- Top your potato bites with a little greek yogurt or sour cream to complete!
- Place on a platter to serve alongside all of your football snacks.
- Serve as a side for dinner!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Loaded Mini Potato Bites
These loaded mini potato rounds make for a delicius poppable snack that are so easy to make! All you need are a few simple ingredients.
- 1 russet potatoes (sliced into rounds)
- 5 pieces bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt, pepper
- avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degress.
- Cut russet potato into rounds. Place on baking sheet.
- Coat with avocado oil spray, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides of the potato rounds.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon pieces. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melty.
- Top with fresh green onion.
until next time…