This Lemon Asparagus Orzo Salad is perfect for a spring time salad! It’s so simple to make and perfect to meal prep for the week. The combination of asparagus, orzo and fresh lemon is so delicious in this fresh salad.
It’s that time of year for all the refreshing salads! I crave them this time of year and I’m so excited to create a bunch of new, delicious combos for you to enjoy this spring and summer. This Lemon Asparagus Orzo Salad is packed with a bunch of fresh ingredients that are in season this time of year.
This orzo salad is great for meal prep and can be stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days! It makes for a perfect salad to top with a protein of your choice to create a balanced meal. You can choose to make this a vegan and dairy free salad by leaving off the cheese if you’d like.
What you need for Lemon Asparagus Orzo Salad:
- Lemon Zest
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan, Romano and Asiago Cheeses (I get this at Trader Joes)
How to make orzo salad:
- Start by preparing orzo salad as it states on the package.
- Heat up pan with water to boil. Set asparagus in the boiling water to blanch for 2-3 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it! They will turn dark green when ready to be removed. Place in ice bath once done to cool off.
- Cut up asparagus.
- In large bowl, combine cooked orzo, asparagus, cheese, and fresh basil.
- Add sea salt and black pepper.
- Add olive oil, juiced lemon and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
Best way to store lemon asparagus orzo for the week:
It’s best to store your orzo salad in a sealed container in the fridge. I like to use these containers for easy storage. These are great for a variety of different sizes too!
If you want to pair this orzo salad with a balanced meal, try this:
- Add grilled chicken on top for a great source of protein.
- Top chicken sausage on your orzo.
- Serve it alongside a turkey wrap or sandwich for lunch.
You can keep this orzo salad in the fridge for up to 4-5 days in a sealed container.
Yes! You can leave out the cheese here to make this a dairy free salad. If you want to use a different cheese, I recommend any shaved parmesan.
Yes! This is great to make at the beginning of the week and have for meals all week long.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Lemon Asparagus Orzo Salad
This Lemon Asparagus Orzo Salad is filled with flavor and so simple to make! It’s perfect to meal prep and made with just a few ingredients that are in season for the springtime.
- 2 cups orzo, cooked
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup asiago, parmesan and romano cheeses mix
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
Prepare orzo according to package. Drain and set aside.
Bring pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus to blanch for 2-3 minutes.
Prepare ice bath for asparagus once blanched to cool off.
Chop up asparagus, removing the ends.
In large bowl, add cooked orzo, asparagus, cheese, fresh basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and seasonings. Mix to combine.
You can substitute the cheese for shaved parmesan or omit.
Adjust seasonings as needed.
Blanched asparagus will become green when done.
Amount Per Serving:
until next time…