It’s not a summer salad if it’s not filled with all the fresh berries! This Kale Berry Salad is the perfect mix of greens and fresh fruit in season during the summertime. It’s tossed and massaged in a homemade dressing. Top this salad with a protein like grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp to make it into a balanced meal.
I feel like it’s only right if you add berries to your salads in the summertime! Not only are berries in season so it’s the perfect time to get the added freshness, but they add so much flavor without having to add a bunch of other ingredients. This Kale Berry Salad combines kale, berries, slivered almonds, avocado and a simple dressing that’s perfect to massage into the kale. If you want to make this more into a meal, I recommend adding a protein like grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp.
This kale salad is great to meal prep and takes less than 15 minutes to throw together.
What you need for Kale Berry Salad:
- Chopped Kale
- Slivered almonds
- Red onion
- Crumbled feta cheese
For the salad dressing:
- Olive oil
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
How to make Kale Berry Salad:
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, berries, slivered almonds, red onion, avocado (only if you’ll be enjoying it on that day!) and feta cheese.
- Mix in the dressing and massage and mix together with remaining ingredients.
How to store leftover kale salad:
It’s best to store your kale salad in a sealed container in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days if you do this. I like using these for easy fridge storage.
If you want to pair this Kale Berry Salad, try doing this:
- Top it with a protein like grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp!
- Serve it as a side salad with your cookout!
- Have it as a side along an easy weeknight dinner
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
How long will this salad last?
This kale salad will last up the 3 days in the fridge! If you are planning on meal prepping, I would recommend saving the avocado to put on the salad when you want to enjoy it.
Can I use a different dressing?
Yes! The salad dressing here is super simple to make but can also be replaced with a store bought dressing to massage into the kale. A poppyseed dressing would be delicious here!
What protein should I add?
I would recommend adding a protein to make this more into a balanced meal. I like adding salmon, chicken or shrimp.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 7 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Chop up strawberries and red onion.
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, dijon, lemon, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add kale, strawberries, blueberries, slivered almonds, red onion and feta cheese.
- Pour in dressing and mix with kale. Massage to fully coat.
- Top with avocado.
- Mix everything up and enjoy!
until next time…