- 95 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 35 g butter
- 175 g Philadelphia cheese
- 70 g milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 40 g flour
- 15 g corn starch
1. We line the non-removable mold with baking paper.
2. We heat the oven to 150 ºC.
3.Bring water to the boil in a pot, pour milk and cheese into a bowl and wait until everything has melted well.
4. Add the butter and wait until it has cooled.
5. Add the egg yolk and lemon to the liquid and mix well.
6. Sift the flour and cornstarch into the previous mixture, making sure no lumps form.
7. In the meantime, separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat them with the sugar to form a firm meringue.
8.When the meringue is ready, add it to the cheese mixture and mix it little by little. Be careful not to let the meringue fall down.
9. Pour the dough into the mold, place it on a baking tray and pour a little water over it so that the dough cooks in a water bath.
10. Cook for 80 minutes.If it browns too much, put a little aluminum foil on top.
11. After 80 minutes, we open the oven door and wait 15 minutes before removing the cake.
12. Let it cool well and unmold.
For more recipes click here!