I love a good Cobb Salad so you know I had to make one with a fall twist! You’ll love this Harvest Cobb Salad loaded with all the flavors that you love in the fall time. I love all the the ingredients in here with it loaded with roasted butternut squash, hardboiled eggs, bacon and honeycrisp apples. You can’t forget the pairing with a delicious maple mustard vinaigrette that is so delicious with this!
Harvest Cobb Salad
It may just be me but I crave salads year around! They make for a delicious meal any time of day and there are so many ways to switch them up. You can also make these into balanced meals by adding protein, fat and carbs to them. Once you do that, these salads will keep you satisfied all day! This Harvest Cobb Salad is the perfect mix of your favorite Cobb salad with a hint of fall flavors. I will be fixing this on repeat when the salad craving hits. I love that this salad can also be part of your meal prep plan for the week too!
The best part is that this salad can be included in your meal prep for the week too! I like to prep ingredients ahead of time like roasting the butternut squash or making the hardboiled eggs so it’s easier to assemble these when the time comes.
What you need for this Harvest Cobb Salad:
Green leaf lettuce: any lettuce that you like can be used here, but I like to use this one!
Honeycrisp apple: love the flavors of honeycrisp this time of year!
Butternut squash: roasted butternut squash is the perfect addition to this salad. I like to buy the bag of precut butternut squash to roast for this.
Goat cheese: crumbled goat cheese is the perfect addition but you can also change this with feta cheese or omit.
Avocado: a great addition of healthy fat to add to your salad.
Hardboiled Egg: a must for every Cobb Salad!
Bacon: crumble this to top on your Cobb salad!
Pecans: if you want to leave this out, you can or switch for a different nut.
What you need for maple mustard vinaigrette:
- Dijon Mustard
- Whole grain dijon mustard
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, garlic powder
Why you’ll love this salad:
- The Harvest Cobb Salad is loaded with all the favorite fall flavors!
- It can easily be prepped for the week or prepared for a weeknight dinner depending on what you want!
- It’s balanced with protein, fat and carbs making it a balanced meal.
- You’ll feel good eating it!
How you can meal prep this salad for the week:
- Prep all the ingredients and store in containers so you can easily assemble! For example, roast the butternut squash and make hardboiled eggs and bacon.
- Make the maple mustard dressing ahead of time! Store this in the fridge to use for your salads when you’re ready to make
- Keep the ingredients in these containers for easy storage in the fridge.
- Chopping up salad ingredients and storing in the containers will save time when it comes to preparing these salads for the week.
What I used to make this salad:
Looking for more Fall recipes? Try these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more salad recipes? Try these!
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped
- avocado oil spray
- sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 pieces applewood smoked bacon
- 5-6 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cranberries
- 4 tbsp pecans
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp fine grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butternut squash on baking sheet coat with avocado oil spray, sea salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Make the hardboiled eggs by placing eggs in boiling water on the stove for 12 minutes and then place in an ice bath before peeling.
- Prepare bacon accordingly on stove. Crumble after it has cooled.
- Make maple mustard dressing by combining both mustards, olive oil, maple syrup, 1/4 tsp sea salt and a dash of pepper into a mixer. Add water to get to desired consistency.
- Prepare salads by adding lettuce, hardboiled egg, butternut squash, crumbled bacon, goat cheese, avocado, apple, pecans and unsweetened cranberries. Drizzle with maple mustard dressing to desired ammount.
The butternut squash, hardboiled eggs and bacon can be prepped in advance.
until next time…