I used to make a version of this with my mom all the time when I lived at home. It was a go-to of ours for something easy to keep in the fridge that the whole fam could snack on or pull out for a little something sweet when we wanted it. I needed to recreate the Creamy Fruit Salad for you so you can have this for an easy summer snack too! There are so many ways to switch it up and it’s great to have during these warmer months.
Creamy Fruit Salad
I’m so excited for you to make this creamy fruit salad in your home! This was something that we always made growing up and it always reminds me of home!! We would have a big tub of it in the fridge and it wouldn’t last long. The best part, is it’s so simple to make! You can switch around what you use based off what you like or have in the fridge! I also used a vanilla yogurt, but have also done this with different flavors. Coconut being another favorite!
I love that the creaminess of this yogurt packs in a little protein for this snack or sweet treat. Greek yogurt makes for a great source of protein and one of my favorites to grab for a healthy snack.
If you grew up eating fruit salad, you may have had the version with marshmallows! Although I didn’t add them into this mix, you can definitely add them in!!
What you need for Creamy Fruit Salad:
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
Can I use different fruit?
Yes! If you want to switch around the fruit in this recipe, you can! I recommend using fruit that will last like berries or melon. If you add in fruit like bananas or apples, you will want to make sure it’s being consumed within the day or it will brown after being in the fridge. I do love bananas with this though!
Can I use any yogurt?
Yes! You can use any of your favorite yogurt. I used Two Good Vanilla Yogurt (got it at Target!) but I’ve used this with a variety of yogurts. I also love making it with Coconut flavored yogurt.
Can I use sweetened coconut?
Yes! If you have shredded sweetened coconut then you can use that instead!
Can I substitute the honey for maple syrup?
Yes! If you’d rather use maple syrup, you can switch them out in this recipe. You can also omit if you’d prefer to not have any additional sweetener!
Why you’ll love this salad:
- It’s the perfect summer salad! Who doesn’t love all the fresh fruit this time of year?!
- You can easily prep this for the week and snack on it all week long! This fruit salad makes for a great snack or sweet dessert when you want something.
- Adding your favorite greek yogurt adds protein to this fruit salad making it even more satisfying for a snack!
- Not only is it great to have at home, but you can easily take this with you! I love to pack it up in these containers for easy snacking on the go.
How to store this fruit salad:
I store it in the fridge in a sealed container! I like using these to keep it fresh. I recommend eating it within 3 days of fixing. If you decide to add fruit like bananas or apples, you will want to consume quicker 🙂
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more recipes to take to your cookout? I got you! Check these out:
Summer Fruit Salad
- 1.5 cups pineapple
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1.5 cups grapes
- 2 containers vanilla yogurt (5.3 oz each)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (fine shreds)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chop up all fruit.
- Combine in large bowl.
- Add yogurt, honey, coconut, lemon and cinnamon in to mix.
- Mix to combine with fruit.
- Top with more shredded coconut or a drizzle of honey to serve. Enjoy!
until next time…