I crave CAVA weekly around here! The flavors and ingredients in these bowls are my favorite and they make for a really nourishing meal. While I love to grab one of these at the restaurant, it’s definitely something I know that I can make at home for less of a cost. That’s why I set out to create this Copycat CAVA Bowl so we can all enjoy them at home when the craving hits!
If you’re looking for a new meal to add to your lunch rotation, this is it! These Copycat CAVA Bowls are not only perfect for a meal prep meal during the week but they are full of nourishing foods that will leave you feeling good after. They are packed with protein and flavor! Everything from hummus, tzatziki and the harissa vinaigrette will leave your tastebuds wanting more.
I love these because you can easily customize them based off what you prefer. Don’t like brown rice? Try cauliflower rice or another grain like farro. Don’t have the ingredients on hand for the harissa vinaigrette? Try my Lemon Tahini sauce or a simple dressing of lemon and olive oil. There are so many ways to make it your own.
What you need for Copycat CAVA Bowl:
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Brown rice
- Thin sliced Chicken Breast
- Feta cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pickled onions
- Olive oil
- Red Pepper Hummus
- Pita Bread (optional)
- Primal Palate Meat and Potatoes Seasoning
What you need for Harissa Vinaigrette:
- Harissa (I used the Harissa from Trader Joes)
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea salt
How to make a Copycat CAVA Bowl:
- Start by preparing your brown rice according to package. Set aside.
- Prepare pickled onions. (These are best when prepared and in the fridge for 12-24 hrs prior to eating them!)
- Make Harissa Vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a blender. Set aside.
- Cut up tomatoes and cucumber. Mix with olive oil and sea salt.
- Chop up greens.
- Prepare grilled chicken by laying out thin sliced chicken breast. Pat dry with paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil and top with Primal Palate Meat and Potatoes Seasoning on both sides of chicken. Cook on heated grill pan.
- Prepare bowls by adding green leaf lettuce, brown rice, feta cheese, cucumber and tomatoes mix, pickled onions, grilled chicken to the bowl. Add a scoop of red pepper hummus and tzatziki. Top with fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes and fresh pita on the side.
How to make pickled onions:
Pickled onions add the best flavor to everything, but especially to this burger bowl! Start by chopping up the red onion in half and then into some thin “C” slices. Set aside to make the brine. Take 6oz of water and set to a boil on the stove. Put in 1 tbsp salt with 1 tbsp white sugar into the mason jar with red onion. Pour in the boiled water and then fill the rest of the jar with white vinegar. Place lid on mason jar and give it a spin to let onions soak it up. Store in the fridge for the week!
How to store your leftover CAVA bowl ingredients:
I make sure to store all the leftover ingredients in sealed containers in the fridge. These Copycat CAVA Bowls are great for meal prep because you can prepare each of the ingredients ahead of time! I like using these containers for easy storage in the fridge. I also have these bowls with are great for items like pickled onions or chopped veggies.
Try switching up this bowl with these options:
- Instead of using brown rice, try using any rice or cauliflower rice that you enjoy!
- Add a different protein!
- Use a different dressing like the Lemon Tahini dressing of mine. (So good with this!)
- If you don’t have green leaf lettuce, use romaine or Arugula!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
How long will these ingredients last prepped ahead of time?
Everything will last 4-5 days in the fridge. I recommend cutting up the tomatoes and cucumber and mixing that with olive oil and sea salt on the day you plan to make a bowl. They don’t hold up well when pre-mixed.
What do you use to cook the grilled chicken breast?
One of my favorite kitchen items is my Staub grill pan! Since I’m in an apartment, I don’t have access to using a grill and this thing does the trick! It gives you that same grill aspect and taste that you love without needing an actual grill!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Copycat CAVA Bowl
These Copycat CAVA Bowls with Harissa Vinaigrette make for an easy lunch to meal prep for the week! They are packed with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- 1lb thin sliced chicken breast
- 3 tbsp Primal Palate Meat and Potatoes Seasoning
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp red pepper hummus
- 1 tbsp tzatziki
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (optional)
- Pita bread (optional)
- for harissa vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup harissa (I used Trader joes harissa)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp honey
- dash of sea salt
- Start by preparing harissa vinaigrette. Add all ingredients to a blender. Set aside. (You may need to add water to get to desired consistency.)
- Lay out thin sliced grilled chicken breast and pat dry. Top with primal palate meat and potatoes seasoning on both sides. Add chicken to hot grill pan (or grill) and cook throughly.
- Chop up cucumber and tomatoes. Mix with olive oil and dash of sea salt. Set aside.
- Prepare bowl by adding lettuce, brown rice, cucumber and tomatoes, pickled onions, feta cheese and grilled chicken to the bowl. Add a scoop of red pepper hummus and tzatziki. Top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle with harissa vinaigrette.
- Serve with fresh pita on the side.
Harissa Vinaigrette will make enough for the week.
Grilled chicken will make enough for 3-4 servings.
until next time…