If you want a new dinner to add to your weeknight rotation, you have to try these Chicken Quinoa Bowls with Peanut Sauce. These are so simple to make and are perfect for an easy meal prep meal to make! You can switch it up with different grains or even use the ingredients into a wrap.
I love finding new meals that I can rotate for meal prep during the week. These Chicken Quinoa Bowls are packed with flavor with an easy marinade for the chicken and a delicious peanut sauce to drizzle on top. The key for making the chicken is to use thin sliced chicken breast and cook them on your grill pan or heated cast iron skillet! It makes the best chicken! The peanut sauce is made with pantry ingredients and adds so much flavor to these bowls. If you don’t want to use peanut butter, you can easily switch this out for almond butter!
The best part about this meal is how easy it is to meal prep! Cook the chicken, quinoa and cut up the cabbage to easily prepare into bowls when you’re ready to enjoy them. You can easily have a meal together in ten minutes when it’s prepped and ready!
What you need for these Chicken Quinoa Bowls with Peanut Sauce:
- Thin sliced chicken breast
- Shredded carrots
- Green cabbage
- Purple cabbage
- Green onion
- Coconut aminos
- Olive oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Garlic cloves
What you need for peanut sauce:
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Coconut Aminos
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
How to make these bowls:
- Start by marinading the chicken. Add all of the chicken marinade ingredients into a storage bag or container. Marinade for 6+ hrs or overnight is best!
- Cook quinoa according to package. I like to cook mine in vegetable broth for more flavor.
- Chop up green and purple cabbage.
- Prepare peanut sauce. I like to add everything into this dressing mixer.
- Cook chicken on grill pan or heated cast iron skillet until fully cooked through.
- Assemble bowls by adding cooked quinoa, green and purple cabbage, shredded carrots, edamame and grilled chicken. Top with green onion and cilantro.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce. Add extra to the side!
How to store your chicken bowls:
It’s best to store your leftover chicken bowls in sealed containers in the fridge. If you’re packing these to take with you, I like these!
If you want to switch these bowls up, try doing this:
- Use a different grain like brown or jasmine rice!
- Add a drizzle of teriyaki sauce on top
- Use a protein like tofu or beef.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
What’s the best way to meal prep these?
These are great to meal prep! I recommend cutting up all of the cabbage and storing it, preparing the chicken and making the peanut sauce. Once everything is prepped, then you can easily assemble them!
How did you cook the chicken?
I marinade the chicken for 6+ hours or overnight is best! I’ll cook it on the grill pan until it is fully cooked through.
Can I use a different nut butter for the sauce?
Yes! You can use almond butter instead of peanut butter for the sauce.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1lb thin sliced chicken breast
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green cabbage
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp green onion
- for the peanut sauce:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup water (add more to get to creamy, drippy consistency)
- Add all ingredients for chicken marinade into a sealed bag or container: chicken breast, coconut aminos, honey, olive oil, minced garlic and rice vinegar. Store in the fridge for 6+ hrs or best overnight.
- Prepare peanut sauce by mixing ingredients. You will need to add more water to get to drippy consistency. Set aside.
- Cut up cabbage.
- Prepare chicken on grill pan or heated cast iron skillet. Cook until fully cooked through.
- Prepare quinoa according to package. I like to cook mine in vegetable broth for more flavor.
- Assemble bowls with quinoa, cabbage, shredded carrots, edamame and grilled chicken. Top with green onion and cilantro.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce.
The chicken will make more than 2 servings!
The Peanut Sauce makes enough to have for another meal or other recipes!
until next time…