If you like carrot cake, you’ll love these Carrot Cake Bites. They are the perfect treat to have ready in the fridge during the week that has all the taste of carrot cake into one. These bites are made with super simple ingredients and they are something that everyone will love! They are great to eat as a snack or crumble on a yogurt or oatmeal bowl too!
It’s time for all things carrot cake and these bites are the perfect bite sized treat to make! Combining all the carrot cake flavors into a dairy free and gluten free snack perfect to prep for the week! These are great to pop in your mouth when the afternoon sweet tooth hits or have as a sweeter snack. They come together in less than 30 minutes and use up many pantry ingredients that you may already have.
As the warmer weather approaches, these sweeter treats are what I’m craving! Up next will be my Carrot Cake Overnight Oats. So good! If you love all things carrot cake, you’ll love waking up with these ready in the morning too.
What you need for Carrot Cake Bites:
- Raw walnuts
- Raw almonds
- Rolled oats
- Shredded carrots
- Pitted dates (Deglet Noor)
- Cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut
- Optional: white chocolate chips
How to make Carrot Cake Bites:
- Combine dates, almonds, walnuts and oats in the food processor and blend.
- Add shredded coconut, carrots, vanilla extract and spices. Blend to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes (Don’t forget to do this!) and then roll into balls. Tip: use a cookie scoop to get them all the same size!
- Melt white chocolate (or chocolate that you prefer) and dip top of bite into the chocolate. Sprinkle shredded coconut and carrot on top.
- Store in the fridge!
What I used to make these bites:
How to store these bites for the week:
It’s best to store these bites in the fridge or freezer. I linked some of the containers below that I love to use.
Do I have to use white chocolate?
No! You can leave off the white chocolate if you prefer. You can also do milk or dark chocolate if you prefer that too.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Can I use different nuts for these?
I’ve only tested these with a mix of almonds and walnuts in this recipe so I would recommend keeping those!
How long will these bites last?
You can keep these in the fridge for the week or in the freezer for up to 3 months! If storing in the freezer, you may want to let them sit out for a couple of minutes before enjoying.
What’s the difference between deglet poor and medjool dates?
This is important to take note of! The difference will come in the taste and texture of the date. Deglet noor will have a sweet, delicate flavor while medjool dates have a caramel-like taste and soft, chewy texture. Medjool dates tend to be larger in size then deglet noor too!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (about 11 pitted deglet noor dates)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Start by adding the dates, walnuts, almonds and oats in the food processor. Blend thoroughly.
- Add shredded coconut, carrots and spices, vanilla extract. Blend to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll into bites!
- Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Dip the bite into the white chocolate so it just covers the top. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and carrot.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
until next time…