What I always tell people when they ask how I get inspiration for recipes, is that it’s all around us! One of my favorite things to do is discover items at a restaurant that I love and then try to recreate them at home. This way, you know what’s going in the recipe and you can have your favorite dishes at home, like this Cantaloupe Cucumber Summer Salad. This was inspired by a local favorite of mine and I can’t wait for you to try it out in your kitchen. Can we all agree that cantaloupe is a delicious summer fruit!? I hope you love it!
If you’re in Austin, you may recognize this dish at Loro. If not, then I have a new side for you that you’re going to LOVE! It’s the perfect amount of sweet but with a little kick! If you need something to take to a cookout or summer party, you should definitely try this Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad. Plus, all you need are a couple ingredients to throw it together in just a few minutes!
If you’ve been to Austin, you know there is good food all around here. Be sure to check out my Restaurant Guide to Austin if you haven’t already! This is a list of places that I love and always take my visitors to. It’s where I get inspiration from dishes because I want to have them at my home as much as possible because they are so good!
The best part about this Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad is that it will go with everything and be a surprising dish to everyone that tries it! It’s truly the best mix of a little sweet with the perfect kick to it. Even if someone doesn’t like cantaloupe, they may still enjoy this salad.
Recipe tip: Once you combine everything, let it sit in the fridge to let everything soak in the fruit and veggies. This will give it the best taste!
What you need for Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Mint (optional)
How to store Cantaloupe Cucumber Summer Salad:
You want to store this salad in the fridge! I recommend keeping it sealed in containers like these.
How long will this last?
This salad will last up to 3 days in the fridge! It’s best if you let it soak up the dressing for a couple hours before serving.
How to make Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad:
- Start by chopping up cantaloupe. You’ll want to make sure pieces aren’t too big as they will be mixed in with the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion.
- Dice the red onion into length slices.
- Chop up thin slices of cucumber.
- Toss everything together with the spices and vinegar.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad
Perfect summer salad with a twist!
- 3 cups chopped cantaloupe
- 1 small cucumber (thin slices) or 1/2 cup
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped length wise
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 chopped mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chop up cantaloupe, onion, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Chop cilantro and mint leaves.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice and seasonings and mix.
- Pour on top of cantaloupe and remaining ingredients.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
until next time…