These birthday cake protein bites make for the easiest snack or treat to have ready for the week! If you want something new to prep for the week, these are it! There’s something about the birthday cake flavors that I love. Plus, it doesn’t get any better than a treat or snack that involves sprinkles right!? These are packed with a little protein to make for a satisfying snack to have during the day too.
Birthday Cake Protein Bites
I don’t know about you but I love having an easy snack in the fridge for the week! It makes snacking a little easier when you already have something prepped and ready to go! These Birthday Cake Protein Bites are not only so fun (sprinkles make everything better!), but they are delicious! Just a little warning, you’ll want to pop these into your mouth all day long because they are addicting.
These bites are packed with carbs, fat and protein to make for a balanced snack or treat to have. I would highly recommend the Nuzest Probiotic Vanilla Protein Powder as that is the only one I have tested in this recipe. Plus, it’s one of my favorite protein powders I’ve had. I think a lot of protein powder can have the fake vanilla taste to it. Leaving me feeling not great and recipes to taste a little iffy too. This one from Nuzest has a simple vanilla taste to it that’s perfect in this recipe.
Why you’ll love these:
- They make for an easy snack or treat to meal prep for the week!
- It’s a snack that I’m sure everyone will love! Kids included!
- Sprinkles! Need I say more?
- These bites can be great to curb your sweet tooth or snack on for a mid-day snack during the day
- All you need are a few simple ingredients and you can make these in no time.
What you need for Birthday Cake Protein Bites:
- Rolled Oats; Oat Flour
- Cashew Butter
- Vanilla Protein Powder (I use this one!)
- Vanilla extract
How to store these Birthday Cake Protein Bites:
I recommend storing them in the fridge for the week! I like to store them in these containers or these Porter bowls that I use for everything! Another great option for storage or to take with you are these reusable bags. These are a staple in my kitchen!
Can I use a different nut butter?
I’ll stick to creamy Cashew Butter here because of the taste it gives for the ‘Birthday Cake’ flavor! If you’d like to switch these up with Almond Butter or Peanut Butter, you can but make sure it’s still a creamy/little runny!
What sprinkles did you use?
You can use any sprinkles! In the recipe, I used these! I’ve also gotten some before at Whole Foods and used them in this recipe.
Can I use a different protein powder?
I’ve been using this protein powder for a while now and love it! I haven’t tried this recipe with any other protein powders besides the Nuzest Probiotic Vanilla Protein. I like this one a lot because it doesn’t give the fake vanilla flavors like a lot of protein powders do. You can use my discount code “ONEBALANCEDLIFE” to get a discount off your purchase of their protein powder. Check it out here!
Can I use a different flour?
No! These have only been tested using oat flour. I blended up rolled oats to get the cup of oat flour that is needed for this recipe. I recommend only using rolled oats for this recipe too. I get mine at Trader Joes in a big bag!
If you like these bites, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Birthday Cake Protein Bites
Easy and delicious snack or treat!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 3 scoops of Probiotic Vanilla Nuzest Protein Powder (or 37.5g vanilla protein)
- 3 tbsp sprinkles
- 1/4 cup mini white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl: oat flour, vanilla protein powder, honey, cashew butter, vanilla extract, sprinkles, mini white chocolate chips, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Mix together! (*if yours aren’t thickening up to form into a bite, add a little more honey to the mixture)
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a bite. This should make about 15 bites.
until next time…