If you want a new way to enjoy salmon, you have to try these BBQ Salmon Tacos. These are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner and full of flavors that you’ll love. The salmon bites are easily made in the air fryer making this dinner come together in less than 20 minutes.
If you want something new to switch up your summer dinners with, you have to try these BBQ Salmon Tacos. Not only are they so simple to make and made in the air fryer, but they are so delicious and satisfying. I love making salmon into these “bite” size pieces to switch up how I cook it. If you haven’t already tried the Salmon Bowl with Spicy Cashew Sauce, you’ll love that one too.
These tacos make for a nourishing meal that will leave you feeling good too. They are packed with protein and full of flavor. You won’t be disappointed!
What you need for BBQ Salmon Tacos:
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- BBQ Sauce
- Slaw mix
- Red onion
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to make Salmon Tacos:
- Cut up salmon into bites. You can remove the skin or leave on depending on your preference.
- In a bowl, add salmon bites and coat with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add in BBQ Sauce. Mix to combine.
- Gently, place in the air fryer. Mix half way through.
- Heat up tortillas in the microwave or on gas stove top.
- In a bowl, mix together avocado tomato salsa ingredients. Set aside.
- Assemble tacos with tortilla, slaw mix, BBQ Salmon bites and avocado tomato salsa on top.
- Top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes.
How to store your BBQ Salmon Tacos:
While it’s best to enjoy these the day you make them, you can store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. I like using these!
If you want to switch up these tacos, try doing this:
- Add a drizzle of your favorite sauce or more BBQ sauce on top!
- Instead of doing tacos, try adding these salmon bites on a bowl.
- Switch up the avocado tomato salsa with a mango salsa or pineapple salsa!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
What BBQ Sauce do you use?
I used a BBQ Sauce from Trader Joe’s! I love these from Primal Kitchen for lower sugar, minimal ingredients though.
Can I use the oven?
While I’m sure these can be made in the air fryer, I’ve only made them in the air fryer! Let me know if you try it in the oven!
What air fryer do you use?
I love my air fryer and it’s something that I use A LOT in my kitchen. The specific brand that I use isn’t sold anymore, but I’ve heard great things about this one!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 2 portions of salmon (6oz each)
- 4 white corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage mix
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- optional: cilantro, red pepper flakes for garnish
- Cut up salmon into bite size pieces. You can leave skin on or remove as well!
- In a bowl, add salmon bites and mix with seasonings to coat.
- Pour bbq sauce on top and mix.
- Gently place the salmon bites into the air fryer and bake at 390 for 9-10 minutes. Flipping half way.
- Prepare avocado tomato salsa by combining avocado, tomato, red onion and lime juice. Mix. Set aside.
- Heat up tortillas over stovetop or in microwave.
- Prepare tacos by taking your tortilla, shredded cabbage mix, bbq salmon bites and avocado tomato salsa.
- Top with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
Flour or corn tortillas will work!
until next time…