It doesn’t get much better than chicken tenders on a bed of greens, right!? This used to be my go-to order when I was younger! The combination of chicken tenders with honey mustard is one that never gets old. Making this Air Fried Chicken Tender Salad with Honey Mustard at home is a great way to have your favorite meal in the comfort of your own home.
This salad makes for an easy weeknight dinner and perfect for lunch leftovers! It’s a healthier version of a restaurant classic. These chicken tenders are the perfect combination of crispy and make for a perfect topping on this green salad.
What you need for Air Fried Chicken Tender Salad with Honey Mustard:
- Chicken Tenders
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Green leaf lettuce
What you need for homemade honey mustard:
- Dijon Mustard
- Whole grain dijon
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea salt
How to make this salad:
- Remove excess liquid on chicken tenders.
- In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs with seasonings.
- Whisk one egg.
- Take your chicken tenders and dip into the eg mixture and roll in the breadcrumbs. Place in the air fryer.
- Make salad using romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and avocado. Top the air fried chicken tenders on top.
- Prepare honey mustard dressing by combining ingredients. Drizzle on top.
How to store this salad:
It’s best to store your salad in a sealed container in the fridge if you have any leftovers. I like using these for easy fridge storage.
If you want to switch up this chicken salad, try these options:
- Top it with your favorite salad toppings like avocado or pickled onions!
- Use a store bought honey mustard that you like!
- Top the air fried chicken tenders on another salad like this Shredded Kale and Brussels Salad
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Do I have to use the air fryer?
I’ve only made these chicken tenders in the air fryer! I recommend following the instructions for these chicken tenders in the air fryer.
What air fryer do you use?
I like this air fryer!
How long will the chicken tenders last?
It’s best to keep your chicken tenders stored in a sealed container in the fridge. I recommend keeping these for up to 2 days for maximum freshness.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup red onion, slivered
- for the honey mustard
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp whole grain dijon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- dash of sea salt
- In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs with seasonings. Whisk egg in separate bowl.
- Remove excess liquid off chicken tenders.
- Dip chicken in egg and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 14 minutes (flipping half way)
- Prepare salads with romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and avocado.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey mustard ingredients. Set aside.
- Top chicken on greens and drizzle with honey mustard.
Air Fried Chicken Tenders may make enough for more than 2 salads.
Honey mustard will make enough to keep for the week.
until next time…